What is tooth extraction?
Tooth extraction is simply the removal of a tooth. At Peak Dental Care, our team strives to help you keep your teeth healthy for life, but some conditions may make tooth extraction the best available option for improving your oral health. Regardless of the reason for your extraction, you can rest assured that Dr. Scott Lindsay and our team will do everything we can to provide you with a comfortable dental treatment.
Do I need tooth extraction?
Our dentist may recommend removing a tooth if:
- A tooth is so severely decayed or otherwise damaged that an effective restoration is impossible
- Infection has destroyed a significant portion of the tooth and supporting bone structure
- There are too many teeth to comfortably fit in your smile, resulting in crowding that cannot be corrected through orthodontics alone
- A primary (baby) tooth is not falling out as normal and is blocking the way for an erupting permanent tooth
- The wisdom teeth have become impacted, or stuck in the bone and gum tissues
We are dedicated to doing all we can to relieve your pain and help you achieve a healthy, functional, and beautiful smile once again. Be certain to follow the instructions provided by our dentist following your tooth extraction in Centennial, Colorado, to make sure that your smile heals properly. We will also discuss tooth replacement options with you before and after the extraction. To learn more, we welcome you to contact our office today.