What is 3D imaging?
To provide you with the highest possible level of care, our dentist and dental team use several types of advanced imaging technology. One of these is CT (computed tomography) 3D imaging. This state-of-the-art technology allows us to create a three-dimensional image of your teeth, mouth, jaw, face, neck, and surrounding areas. CT 3D imaging is quick and comfortable for our patients, and it helps Dr. Scott Lindsay provide more accurate diagnoses and more precise, effective treatments.
What are the uses of CT 3D imaging?
Our dentist may recommend using CT 3D imaging in Centennial, Colorado, in order to:
- Examine your oral health and check for dental problems like tooth decay
- Plan the placement of dental implants (or mini implants) to replace missing teeth
- Assess the need for orthodontic treatment and evaluate progress during treatment
- Evaluate the extent of facial or oral trauma
- Analyze the extent of bone loss
- Plan oral surgery such as bone grafting
- Evaluate the TMJ (temporomandibular joint), assess a TMJ disorder, and plan TMJ treatment
- Check for impacted teeth, especially wisdom teeth, and plan extraction if needed
We are committed to providing you with an exceptional dental experience, and 3D imaging helps us offer the highest possible level of care. We invite you to contact us today at Peak Dental Care to learn more.