What is a dental crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped restoration designed to completely cover the tooth, restoring its strength and structure. When a tooth is significantly damaged or decayed, a filling may not be enough to protect the tooth and return it to good health. In these cases, our dentist may recommend a custom-made crown. The crown is created from molds and impressions of your teeth to fit over the damaged tooth and match its optimal shape and size. Crowns can be made from several types of materials; porcelain crowns are often favored for their natural-looking appearance.
Do I need a crown?
Dr. Scott Lindsay may recommend a dental crown in Centennial, Colorado, for a variety of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Crowns are versatile restorations that can be used to:
- Cover a dental implant and complete a tooth replacement
- Attach a dental bridge
- Enhance the aesthetic of a severely stained or darkened tooth
- Strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
- Support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
- Improve the functionality and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Restore a seriously decayed or damaged tooth
Our dentist will help you determine whether a crown is the right choice for restoring the health, function, and beauty of your smile. We welcome you to call or visit us today at Peak Dental Care to learn more.